Third Explorer
By J D on
2008 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)
Each of my Explorers I have purchased new. 1994,2003,2008 and each have been much improved from the previous. I still own the 2003. The 08 is definitely a flagship, very comfortable, some cheap shortcuts though have me disappointed. The chrome clad wheels, I didn't realized till purchased but come on Ford this are very cheesy. Each one of my previous Explorers all top of the line have had solid chrome or aluminum wheels. If I would have realized this I probably would not have bought it. Another disappointment is the cheap interior. For 42000 it should be plush. But overall the ride is great and seats comfortable, plenty of power with the V8. I like the new one more everyday.
Favorite Features
Sync and the navigation, also being able to plug I-pod up directly is nice. Power running boards are cool. Nice power increase from the 2003 V8.
Suggested Improvements
No more wheel covers, this is cheap and I will not tell any of my friends, I have thought about buying aftermarket wheels for this reason. Ford really let me down with chrome clad wheels. Cheap. To pay this much for a vehicle and get a wheel cover come on. Improve the interior too.