2008 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: software problems

2008 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic)

software problems
By classy chic on

2008 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

So I just bought my 2008 ford explorer last friday, january 30, 2010. When I come to a complete stop it the car jerks. Sometimes when I am at 70mph or higher it jerks also. I talk to ford about it and they said that the software in the transmission needs to be re-programmed. I have a 3 yr warranty, but it is still very inconvenient to have to already take the suv back to get something fixed and I just bought it. After reading the reviews and hearing about all the radiator problems, I guess I better prepare myself for this pretty soon. Ford should be more wise on the certain parts they put on vehicles, because when you have so many other people with similar problems, that's a big problem!!

The chrome on the door handle and shift gear. The room inside the car.. The V8 engine.

Ford you should do better when building these vehicles. It is very inconvenient when you have millions of people complaining of the same problems.