Used 2008 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Definitely a family SUV
By George Torres

2008 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

2008 with 37000 miles already on it. First driving experience was very good. Lot of room for the whole family and very comfortable seating.It drives very quite but reaching 70 miles per hours a front road noise surprised me. I have to check with the dealer. My experience with cars is telling me that something has to do with the ball bearings. Also a squeaky noise came from the front of the car. I checked under the hood and looks like the serpentine belt is the problem and since many people already are talking about it in the internet, I do not have doubt that that it is the problem. I will bring the car to the dealer to be checked but if those two problems can be fixed t

Room, Power, Comfort, Blue tooth, GPS

Gas miles without sacrificing power. A bigger dash board information display.

The Best SUV You Can Buy
By Mike

2008 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Explorers since they were introduced and have owned several. I have used them for business. They are, absolutely, the best, most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. New or previously owned. I still have the first one I bought. It has almost 290k in mileage on it. Other than standard maintanence, oil changes, tires, brakes, scheduled maintenance, etc. I have never had not one single problem with this vehicle. Not one. I just purchased a very low mileage 2008 limited. And it's like coming home again. Only better. The one that I have is a 99' and it's like the every ready bunny. It just keeps going and I love the new one. These are really fantastic SUV's.

The Explorers that I've had have varied in model. XLT's to EB's to the Limited. (5 In all) I have felt SAFE in all of them. The best so far is the Limited. Good luck finding one that someone wants to give up. If you're looking for a really good Family SUV the Explorer is one to look at.

It's an SUV on a truck platform. Perfect for me. I'm eager to see the 2011.

Great SUV
By SUVLover

2008 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, a very good SUV. Great power/performance, very good towing capacity/capability, lots of interior room, 3rd row seating that actually can fit 2 smaller adults, nice styling. 4WD cuts in flawlessly when needed. Seats are comfortable but not as much as others I've driven. Bad blind spot in the passenger rear corner but can be compensated for by adjusting the side view mirror. Transmission sometimes has harsh engagement before it warms up when accelerating from a stop. Brakes get some getting used to since it takes more pressure than most vehicles I've driven over the past 40 years.

Towing capacity/capability, 4WD and dual zone climate control.

Fix the passenger side rear corner blind spot. Improve the brakes.

very good, I love it!
By valeria

2008 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just love this car, always had a big car as, Navigator, Suburban, Avalanche, but I'm very happy with is one.

C'mon man!
By John

2008 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The transmission is crappy in first gear. Big clunk when coming to a complete stop. Pretty much have to stand on the brakes. No info about automatic door opener in standard manual. Interior is lame, no place comfortable for the knees. Biggest right side blind spot on the planet, and no vision through the rear view mirror when the video screen is down.

Sync is cool

Fix the things I wrote about above.

• SUV