2008 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
The Best SUV You Can Buy
By Mike on 08/16/10 23:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Explorers since they were introduced and have owned several. I have used them for business. They are, absolutely, the best, most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. New or previously owned. I still have the first one I bought. It has almost 290k in mileage on it. Other than standard maintanence, oil changes, tires, brakes, scheduled maintenance, etc. I have never had not one single problem with this vehicle. Not one. I just purchased a very low mileage 2008 limited. And it's like coming home again. Only better. The one that I have is a 99' and it's like the every ready bunny. It just keeps going and I love the new one. These are really fantastic SUV's.

Engine makes too much noise.
By Charles E.Nichols on 11/01/07 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just returned from a five day trip in our new Ford Explorer Limited. We are very happy with it except for the loud engine noise that it makes when you barely put on the gas to pass, going up an incline or just taking off. We gotta get something done about this problem. I have purchased a stream of Exploerers and this has to be by far the loudist of all which makes me think there is something wrong in the manifold/exaust area connections or that there is far too little insullation on the rear fire wall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.