2007 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: They keep making them Better!

2007 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

They keep making them Better!
By Pulleydog on

2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

'07 E.B. Explorer 4x4 V8 is our 5th Explorer/Mountaineer since 1997. Our new Explorer is the best riding and quietest by far. We do get some wind noise on the highway but the interior cabin is very quiet. We opted for the 'preferred Suede' seating. It's soft to the touch and my wife I are happy because neither one of us like leather (it all feels like Vinyl to us.) The ride is very comfortable. Access to controls are good. We don't know if the climate control has a problem or if there's a design issue, but we have to keep the temp at 76 or higher to stay warm. Not thrilled about the huge headrests in the 2nd row - blocks view so we folded them down. V-8 doesn't 'seem' as powerful?

Sirius satellite radio, keypad entry (wife's favorite), overall exterior look, seats.

I'm finding the new steering wheel uncomfortable since the 'spokes' are recessed. Headrests in 2nd row are too huge and I don't think they can be removed(?). Amber turn signals in rear - this should be a LAW for ALL vehicles - come on NHTSA, get with it! Auto UP windows. MULTI-temp heated seats.