Love This SUV
By Robert P on
2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I drove the Toyota 4 Runner, Jeep, Hummer H3, Comander and Nissan Pathfinder. All were OK but the Explorer won out. It had more room and the ride was great. I had a 95 and this one stickerd for $5,000 less with similar options etc. I cannot believe how much better it got in 2 years. I got the Iron Man because I do not like to be a little different. Unlike the 05 the back is totally flat. I just love this SUV. I am 62 and drive on the beach so a 4X4 was a must. I had 0 porblems with the 05 with just over 40.000 miles. I leased that one. I bought this one because I plan on keeping it 10 + years and put to many miles on the last one.
Favorite Features
Fold totaly flat rear area, Smooth ride, Seat comfort for long trips. Room front and back, sytle, key pad entry,
Suggested Improvements
The Iron Man should have wider tires. They need to offer more options to customize the Explorer like you can do with the Hummer 3. Put the V8 in more of them, Especially the Iron Man. Cut out the shinny plastic rings around the vents and on the door handles. Need a nice red red color.