Used 2007 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Ford's best ever
By MGS79

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best Ford I have evere owned. My family are Ford truck buyers. This truck is excellent in design and performance. The interior is high quality leather and very quite. Having the fold flat third row seats is something that is essential when hauling kids or large items. The fuel economy isn't that bad considering that there is a 300 hp V8 in it. I get an avg of 19 mpg. This is a great buy for truck lovers or families.

V8 power, leather seats, wood grain trim, quiet, third row fold flat seats.

None.

Ups and Downs
By FordedR

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So, I do love my Explorer. Though there are some problems like others have said. The head rest that get in the way, engine takes forever to get up there. I do love the limited. I love the automatic side steps, DVD, navigation, great stereo system.

Cup holders galore! Roomy

Gas mileage.

I don't think I got the right car?
By AngieB

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I owned an Explorer previously and it was great! Something went seriously wrong with this model. Since I have had it (9 months), I have had the e-brake handle break, the rear struts go out, the seat belt actually come apart, and my drivers seat control panel fall completly off. I didn't even have my car back a week from the mechanic and then this morning water came leaking through the buttons for the reading lights(and no I did not leave my sunroof open). The dealership said one of the drain tubes for the sunroof must have a problem and they would need if for at least three days. So if you cannot tell, no I would not recommend this vehicle, nor would I recomend any Ford prior to 2004.

Exterior design, two-toned leater seats

Good truck
By chris

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 07 in 07 and have over 20k on the clock. It is an awesome road trip car and tows my 4k lb boat very well even with just the V6 (make sure to get 373 gears) we get 19-20 mpg in mixed driving. Bad weather is joke with the traction control and auto 4wd. I wish I had better mpg but it's a body on frame truck that ways 4000+ and has 373 gears, it's only going to do so well. All in all it does very well hauling, towing, and cruising, and I always enjoy driving it.

Towing talent, 4wd, traction control, MP3 jack, dual piston front brakes, storage compartments in cargo area (under floor)

Easier to remove oil and fuel filters, better mpg when not "working"

Best ever
By MGS 79

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This Explorer rocks! The most stable and quite vehicle that I have ever owned. I have the 4.6L V8 which has been at 19 mpg city/hwy combined. The only thing that I don't like is the 6 spd tranny. It makes the V8 lag. Should of put the 5 spd that comes with V6. Good quality interior parts. Smooth looking exterior for a truck. Explorer has 13K miles with no problems so far.

Leather interior. V8. Quiet ride. Second and third row fold flat seating.

Different transmission.