2007 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Love This SUV
By Robert P on 08/05/07 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the Toyota 4 Runner, Jeep, Hummer H3, Comander and Nissan Pathfinder. All were OK but the Explorer won out. It had more room and the ride was great. I had a 95 and this one stickerd for $5,000 less with similar options etc. I cannot believe how much better it got in 2 years. I got the Iron Man because I do not like to be a little different. Unlike the 05 the back is totally flat. I just love this SUV. I am 62 and drive on the beach so a 4X4 was a must. I had 0 porblems with the 05 with just over 40.000 miles. I leased that one. I bought this one because I plan on keeping it 10 + years and put to many miles on the last one.

Another great vehicle from Ford.....
By Bob on 07/31/07 11:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my 98 Expedition in on my new Eddie Bauer Explorer. I loved my Expedition and had a hard time giving it up. Have been driving the Explorer for a little over a month now and no major complaints, this truck is pretty awesome. My rear headrests fold down, so no obstruction visually. The looks of the Explorer inside and outside I really like, more so than any other mid-size SUV I looked at. A friend of mine bought one and I guess seeing it a lot it sort of grew on me. His "roof console" came loose a few months after he bought it, but the dealer took care of it no charge. So far so good with this vehicle.

Best yet, but....
By stan on 06/24/07 16:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Eddie Bauer Explorer. I needed to special order to get a 5-passenger V-8 with the leather/suede interior. It was worth the wait. As the vehicle is routinely loaded with 400 - 900 pounds of cargo, the V-8 was a must. This Explorer has a base weight 500 lbs. more than the '98 V-6 it replaced and the V-8 is needed for decent performance when loaded. Around town mileage is about 13 with vehicle not yet broken in. This is about the same as my past V-6. The added size vs. the past model makes it the max. that will fit in our garage, and one mirror must be folded to do so. Good build quality and, overall, still the best of mid-size SUVs but see below for design-related concerns.

A good value for the money
By Steve on 06/24/07 11:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have not owned the Explorer long but so far we love it. We really planned on buying a Tahoe, but we bought the Explorer similarly loaded for $9,000 less. Of course, the Tahoe is a little bigger and we actually thought it drove just a little better than the Explorer, but not 9K worth. The Explorer seems solid as a rock, no rattles or squeaks whatsoever.

Love My Ironman
By Ironman on 05/29/07 15:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this 2007 Ford Ironman Explorer. It has just enough room yet not to big. The mileage could be better, but I'll live with it. It's fun to drive and I feel safe. I have 3 grandchildren and needed room for them. The 3rd row gives me that.

'07 Eddie Bauer
By Dave on 04/10/07 18:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

SUV is a fine vehicle except for the fact that I have to drive a mile or two before it will upshift into the higest gear. This contributes to excessive noise and kills gas mileage

Nice car
By jaguar8 on 03/25/07 09:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought mine this month and it's a nice car, but there could be some improvement. Like the floor mounted shifter gets in the way when I'm driving and trying to change the A/C setting or when I'm trying to look for on coming traffic and the oversized rear headrest get in the way; both 2nd and 3rd row. And there seem to be a little bit of lag in the 6 cylinder engine in range acceleration. Other than that everything else is good and since I keep the 3rd seat folded down I can at least see out of the rear window. Rear quarter windows are a different story.

They keep making them Better!
By Pulleydog on 03/05/07 18:47 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

'07 E.B. Explorer 4x4 V8 is our 5th Explorer/Mountaineer since 1997. Our new Explorer is the best riding and quietest by far. We do get some wind noise on the highway but the interior cabin is very quiet. We opted for the 'preferred Suede' seating. It's soft to the touch and my wife I are happy because neither one of us like leather (it all feels like Vinyl to us.) The ride is very comfortable. Access to controls are good. We don't know if the climate control has a problem or if there's a design issue, but we have to keep the temp at 76 or higher to stay warm. Not thrilled about the huge headrests in the 2nd row - blocks view so we folded them down. V-8 doesn't 'seem' as powerful?

Nice Job Ford!
By Fire488 on 02/21/07 19:15 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have test driven almost every SUV and crossover in the market that were all similarly priced. I have never owned an Explorer in the past, but this is an unexpected pleasure. This truck is one of the best SUV's that I have ever driven. The ride is quiet and smooth and I don't know why it has been written that the Explorer V-8 needs more power, this truck can haul! Low end and highway. The interior is smartly designed and easy to navigate though. The Nav system and DVD system are also very easy to use. The sound system is outstanding. Keep up the good work Ford you have a repeat customer.

Very Happy
By Tony on 02/19/07 17:33 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just bought a Eddie Bauer V6. Traded up from an 02 Sport Trac. It rides so much better than the Sport Trac. We did not get all the goodies but what we got for our money was a very good value. Looking forward in 3 years to getting a 2010 model. It will be here soon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.