2007 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Better tranny
By James on 01/06/09 16:53 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought used in December 2008. First car payment and not impressed yet. Tranny had to be worked already. Supposely had the certified check over and they forgot to reset oil light and do the recall tranny then. Hope this is not the beginning of seeing the dealer every month. Gas mileage is terrible reads only 12.3 avg. But I love the look and the interior especially the leather seats and dual climate control. Have not haul anything yet. I so far enjoy it though

A Solid Built Vehicle
By Steve in Houston on 11/16/08 21:46 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first SUV after a series of three mini-vans. The Explorer is very well built with no rattles or squeaks. Since it is built on a truck frame, the ride can be a little rough on certain terrain. I really wanted a Tahoe, but the Eddie Bauer Explorer comparably equipped was 10K less. It is a little smaller vehicle, but for 10K it was worth the difference.

Liked 2 Previous Eddie Bauers Better
By CW on 10/09/08 09:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love my Explorers, this is 4th one to lease and least expensive, RWD V6 in high $20's others were EB 4X4V-8's near$40G. Never any trouble with any of them, very safe, do almost anything when safely handled. Lowered ground clearance such a plus in ride experience. Get higher mileage lease, you will want to drive it everywhere. Great stereo, Great Visibility, V6 is sluggish when punched, V8's were great and mileage diff miniscule between the two. Power to pull most anything, didn't even need 4x4 on last one in NE OH winter, RWD just fine too. XLT int fabric is boring. Get the leather & heated seats, fantastic. Recommend for anyone with good taste and who expects more from their vehicles

Ford's best ever
By MGS79 on 10/09/08 02:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best Ford I have evere owned. My family are Ford truck buyers. This truck is excellent in design and performance. The interior is high quality leather and very quite. Having the fold flat third row seats is something that is essential when hauling kids or large items. The fuel economy isn't that bad considering that there is a 300 hp V8 in it. I get an avg of 19 mpg. This is a great buy for truck lovers or families.

Ups and Downs
By FordedR on 09/30/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So, I do love my Explorer. Though there are some problems like others have said. The head rest that get in the way, engine takes forever to get up there. I do love the limited. I love the automatic side steps, DVD, navigation, great stereo system.

I don't think I got the right car?
By AngieB on 08/01/08 23:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I owned an Explorer previously and it was great! Something went seriously wrong with this model. Since I have had it (9 months), I have had the e-brake handle break, the rear struts go out, the seat belt actually come apart, and my drivers seat control panel fall completly off. I didn't even have my car back a week from the mechanic and then this morning water came leaking through the buttons for the reading lights(and no I did not leave my sunroof open). The dealership said one of the drain tubes for the sunroof must have a problem and they would need if for at least three days. So if you cannot tell, no I would not recommend this vehicle, nor would I recomend any Ford prior to 2004.

Good truck
By chris on 05/21/08 08:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 07 in 07 and have over 20k on the clock. It is an awesome road trip car and tows my 4k lb boat very well even with just the V6 (make sure to get 373 gears) we get 19-20 mpg in mixed driving. Bad weather is joke with the traction control and auto 4wd. I wish I had better mpg but it's a body on frame truck that ways 4000+ and has 373 gears, it's only going to do so well. All in all it does very well hauling, towing, and cruising, and I always enjoy driving it.

Best ever
By MGS 79 on 05/16/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This Explorer rocks! The most stable and quite vehicle that I have ever owned. I have the 4.6L V8 which has been at 19 mpg city/hwy combined. The only thing that I don't like is the 6 spd tranny. It makes the V8 lag. Should of put the 5 spd that comes with V6. Good quality interior parts. Smooth looking exterior for a truck. Explorer has 13K miles with no problems so far.

Check it out...you'll dig it
By dex2112 on 04/08/08 19:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this Explorer almost a year ago and have zero problems. I am very happy with it thus far. The 4WD plows throw snow and mud. The traction control is also great in icey conditions. I love the safety features for the family. Everyone who rides along is confortable and satisfied to the fullest. First times usually cant find the exit handle, but I think its kinda funny. The V8 has plenty of power, but hay I could always use a little more. My one compaint is the amount of interior plastic. Come on, can't we spring for something a little more solid.

Lovin' my new car/truck
By brandi2596 on 04/07/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased our 07' Explorer and we love it. I have done about 1 years worth of research and had narrowed it down to either the Honda Odyssey or the Explorer. We choose the Explorer because we are still very young and wasn't ready to go to the mini-van yet. This Explorer so far has been great, drives smoothly, no sounds, very stylish and lots of extra room which is very important to us with having 2 small children. If you are looking for a new ride with plenty of room for your family, and cargo storage this one is it. Gas mileage is also pretty good, we get around 22 mpg which isn 't bad considering that it is an SUV, although there is always room for improvement.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.