2007 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Great SUVV
By Luisruvi on 09/01/09 20:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it so far. Haven't had any problems. I think the quality is great and ease of use for the features is my favorite thing about it.

Liked 2 Previous Eddie Bauers Better
By CW on 10/09/08 09:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love my Explorers, this is 4th one to lease and least expensive, RWD V6 in high $20's others were EB 4X4V-8's near$40G. Never any trouble with any of them, very safe, do almost anything when safely handled. Lowered ground clearance such a plus in ride experience. Get higher mileage lease, you will want to drive it everywhere. Great stereo, Great Visibility, V6 is sluggish when punched, V8's were great and mileage diff miniscule between the two. Power to pull most anything, didn't even need 4x4 on last one in NE OH winter, RWD just fine too. XLT int fabric is boring. Get the leather & heated seats, fantastic. Recommend for anyone with good taste and who expects more from their vehicles

1st Year
By theledgers on 09/24/07 09:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We just are getting to the one year anniversary of our Explorer. We love it! Plenty of room for our kids and their soccer, baseball, volleyball stuff, etc. We just finished a trip to Houston, about 350 miles round trip and got our best mpg yet, a little over 22 hwy! That was with mid-grade fuel and running 75 mph for the most part with some Houston traffic built in. Here's hoping the 2nd yr report is as positive!

Nice car
By jaguar8 on 03/25/07 09:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought mine this month and it's a nice car, but there could be some improvement. Like the floor mounted shifter gets in the way when I'm driving and trying to change the A/C setting or when I'm trying to look for on coming traffic and the oversized rear headrest get in the way; both 2nd and 3rd row. And there seem to be a little bit of lag in the 6 cylinder engine in range acceleration. Other than that everything else is good and since I keep the 3rd seat folded down I can at least see out of the rear window. Rear quarter windows are a different story.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.