2007 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
The Dream Car
By memartin7 on 08/20/14 12:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this 4th generation Explorer the most out of all of them. The interior and exterior is designed to my liking as well as the ride and handling. I was concerned the vehicle looks narrow, but it's very spacious and "wide-looking" once you get inside. The reliability is good until you reach a certain mileage range (100-120k) where a lot of age related repairs come to play. My only issues that are not typical is the LED radio display going out and the power running boards failing. But, after they are fixed, you are good to go another 100k miles. I would recommend this generation for someone in the market for a used car. Oh, and gas is better than expected. Don't be fooled by low mileage!

Great SUV
By Alarcon on 01/05/10 11:03 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had this SUV for 2 yrs until it was stolen a week ago. I would recomend it to anybody specialy if you have kids. Smooth ride quiet and comfortable. Mechanical third row seating is awsome flods all the way flat.

A Solid Built Vehicle
By Steve in Houston on 11/16/08 21:46 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first SUV after a series of three mini-vans. The Explorer is very well built with no rattles or squeaks. Since it is built on a truck frame, the ride can be a little rough on certain terrain. I really wanted a Tahoe, but the Eddie Bauer Explorer comparably equipped was 10K less. It is a little smaller vehicle, but for 10K it was worth the difference.

Great SUV
By Ford07EB on 11/11/07 18:38 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up the Explorer in March of 07, so far it has been one of the best SUVs that I have owned. Taking it to Vegas twice getting about 22mpg. Feels and handles great. Acceleration from 0- 40 great no problems at all. I opted for the V-6 engine since I only drive on the highway and don't do any heavy towing. DVD Entertainment system was a must for my 2 year old daughter. Overall I am very happy with my Ford.

A good value for the money
By Steve on 06/24/07 11:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have not owned the Explorer long but so far we love it. We really planned on buying a Tahoe, but we bought the Explorer similarly loaded for $9,000 less. Of course, the Tahoe is a little bigger and we actually thought it drove just a little better than the Explorer, but not 9K worth. The Explorer seems solid as a rock, no rattles or squeaks whatsoever.

'07 Eddie Bauer
By Dave on 04/10/07 18:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

SUV is a fine vehicle except for the fact that I have to drive a mile or two before it will upshift into the higest gear. This contributes to excessive noise and kills gas mileage

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.