Used 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

The Dream Car
By memartin7

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this 4th generation Explorer the most out of all of them. The interior and exterior is designed to my liking as well as the ride and handling. I was concerned the vehicle looks narrow, but it's very spacious and "wide-looking" once you get inside. The reliability is good until you reach a certain mileage range (100-120k) where a lot of age related repairs come to play. My only issues that are not typical is the LED radio display going out and the power running boards failing. But, after they are fixed, you are good to go another 100k miles. I would recommend this generation for someone in the market for a used car. Oh, and gas is better than expected. Don't be fooled by low mileage!

Power Running Boards - Power Sunroof - MP3 Capability - Single Overhead DVD Monitor - 2nd Row Captains Chairs w/ Console - 3rd Row Seat w/ Power Fold

(Interior) Better leather quality, as is seems to wear prematurely. And also better plastic over the doors, as they seem to fade more so than previous generations. It costed me around $300 to "recondition' my interior when it hit 7 years of age. (Mechanical) I wish they had switched to a regular transmission instead of sealed starting in 2006 rather than 2008. Also, it would have been nice if they had made a power lift-gate an option on this generation. (Options) I would have liked to seen more of the Reverse Sensing Systems (RSS) placed on the Eddie Bauer's, as it is less common to find vs. a top of the line XLT.

Great SUV
By Alarcon

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had this SUV for 2 yrs until it was stolen a week ago. I would recomend it to anybody specialy if you have kids. Smooth ride quiet and comfortable. Mechanical third row seating is awsome flods all the way flat.

Built strong, leather seats and third row seating. Horse power is great also.

More MPGS

A Solid Built Vehicle
By Steve in Houston

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our first SUV after a series of three mini-vans. The Explorer is very well built with no rattles or squeaks. Since it is built on a truck frame, the ride can be a little rough on certain terrain. I really wanted a Tahoe, but the Eddie Bauer Explorer comparably equipped was 10K less. It is a little smaller vehicle, but for 10K it was worth the difference.

This vehicle is full of safety features. I like the styling and the quality of the build. The power third row seats and power step-rails are nice.

The gas mileage is poor, but I knew that when I bought it. I wish the second row seats reclined further.

Great SUV
By Ford07EB

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up the Explorer in March of 07, so far it has been one of the best SUVs that I have owned. Taking it to Vegas twice getting about 22mpg. Feels and handles great. Acceleration from 0- 40 great no problems at all. I opted for the V-6 engine since I only drive on the highway and don't do any heavy towing. DVD Entertainment system was a must for my 2 year old daughter. Overall I am very happy with my Ford.

Exterior rims, two tone leater, DVD entertainment system, third row seat.

Gas mileage.

A good value for the money
By Steve

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have not owned the Explorer long but so far we love it. We really planned on buying a Tahoe, but we bought the Explorer similarly loaded for $9,000 less. Of course, the Tahoe is a little bigger and we actually thought it drove just a little better than the Explorer, but not 9K worth. The Explorer seems solid as a rock, no rattles or squeaks whatsoever.

The power folding seats are great. The surface is really flat when the seats are folded all the way down. We really like the layout of the dash and the exterior appearance, especially the chrome wheels.

The headrests on the second row seats are enormous and block your view out the back side panel window. I wanted bucket seats on the second row. I went to 8 dealers in the Houston area and couldn't find but one Explorer with the Quad seating option.