2007 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Worst vehicle ever!
By zerpantes on 05/04/12 17:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have a 2007 Explorer that I bought new in late 2006. It worked flawlessly until about september of last year. By then it started having transmission problems so severe that it has been out of the shop for only about a month in the last eight. About two weeks ago I got it back and since then the battery died and now a white smoke is coming out of the engine, so I guess on Monday it will be back to the shop again. The problems have been so severe that I haven't been able to repair a minor scratch to put it up for sale. It simply never works long enough between shop visits to repair the scratch! This is my second Ford (after a 2007 Mustang) and I will never buy another again!!!

Perfect for the small family
By Texan stuck in Pa on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Second Explorer we have owned, first was a 2004 Explorer Police edition ( police engine, was retired from a small town P.D. fleet). Was so Impressed with first one, had to get a second one. This one isn't a police package, but I don't mind one bit. Perfect vehicle for my small family, has a plug in the back for my daughter (4 yrs old) to plug in her portable DVD player, plus the air vents she don't have to wait for the heat/air.Took 3 trips to Texas-Pa in the 04,(1735 miles one way) and was a great ride. This one is super smooth, rides great on highway, fuel mileage goes over 19 mpg longer we drive on highway, so might make it over 22 by Texas. lots of room in the back for all my wife's luggage.

Very Nice Truck!
By NSGF on 06/12/10 19:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned this truck for almost a year now, and am overall very impressed. The ride is amazing for an SUV this size, the power for the v6 is decent, plenty of power for everyday driving or on the highway. The ride is very smooth even on cruise control at 80-85. The fuel economy for most people's driving habits is about 15 around town and 19-20 highway. If you drive fuel consciously, I am able to get 17 around town and 22 highway. Very roomy, third row can fit two grown adults with ease. Plenty of cargo space, great for towing, better than average stock sound system. Good looking truck inside and out. I highly recommend this truck!

I love this truck!
By builtfordtough78 on 06/04/10 17:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Second Explorer I've owned and by far the better of the two. Had an 2004 v-8 SSV (special services vehicle) police package that we bought used. Loved the big police interceptor, but the 2007 V- 6 feels just as strong. love the power pedal adjuster ( so all the wife has to do is press the button and move the pedals instead of moving my seat and forgetting to put it back) love where they moved the 4wd buttons instead of where they were by the radio and I love the positioning of the gear shifter. Overall A+++ job Ford.

ESC too active
By bignet on 03/21/10 15:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Not impressed. Didn't like it after the first month and I was stuck in a lease. When is below 40 deg. the ESC actives on turns even when the roads are dry. Especially frustrating while trying to accelerate on a cloverleaf on-ramp on to highway. The 9V power supply is in a bad spot, near the center console. Radar and GPS power cords have to stretch from the console to the dash. No Ash tray/trash. Eddie Bauer edition doesn't come with steering wheel audio controls

Great SUV
By Alarcon on 01/05/10 11:03 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Had this SUV for 2 yrs until it was stolen a week ago. I would recomend it to anybody specialy if you have kids. Smooth ride quiet and comfortable. Mechanical third row seating is awsome flods all the way flat.

Great SUVV
By Luisruvi on 09/01/09 20:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love it so far. Haven't had any problems. I think the quality is great and ease of use for the features is my favorite thing about it.

Almost perfect
By Curtis Woods on 04/09/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is it, great truck for the money. Rides like a expensive car, do not even feel the transmission shift.Two years and still get compliments. Powerful V8, pushes me back in the seat. Leather seats are great for long rides, COMFORTABLE. Great sales person at dealership, still checks on me.

Great Ride
By pepe11 on 04/01/09 10:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I couldn't be happier with this truck. We just turned in our Mercedes R-class and bought this '07 leftover. It rides better than the Mercedes by a long shot and it's a heck of lot more fun to drive. It has everything we wanted including Nav and RES. I'm looking forward to many many years of driving this thing.

Better tranny
By James on 01/06/09 16:53 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought used in December 2008. First car payment and not impressed yet. Tranny had to be worked already. Supposely had the certified check over and they forgot to reset oil light and do the recall tranny then. Hope this is not the beginning of seeing the dealer every month. Gas mileage is terrible reads only 12.3 avg. But I love the look and the interior especially the leather seats and dual climate control. Have not haul anything yet. I so far enjoy it though

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.