2006 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Won't buy another Ford

2006 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Won't buy another Ford
By B on

2006 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We are a Ford family...have 4 of them. My next vehicle will not be a Ford. I have had nothing but one problem after another with my Explorer from day one it seems. Blinkers and tail lights have gone out repeatedly and had to be replaced, dealership would have done it at no charge if I wanted to leave it all day to have a bulb replaced. Gear shift locks up, take it in and they aren't sure how to fix it even though it's a known issue with Explorers. Now my radiator is leaking. Glad it's under warranty, thinking I ought to just trade it in before that changes or it will cost me a fortune.

Looks nice, roomy enough for what we've needed.

Go over it with a fine tooth comb and fix all the kinks. Why can't you fix a known issue unless it happens while the mechanic is looking at it right at that time? If it's known to be sporadic then what are the odds of it happening right then? Figure out the issue and be able to fix it on all.