So Far So Good
By Rokgod1 on
2006 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)
Had issues right after I drove it off the lot, but the dealer fixed everything. No problems since, other than a rear window not operating. That's minor to me. I can't believe a closeable outside air vent is an upgrade on a $35k + vehicle. Didn't know that nugget until after I bought the car. I have asthma and love other cars' exhaust and pollen streaming into the car at all times. As a result of outside air at all times, the defroster, heating, and AC take more time to get up/down to temperature. Front defrosters are horrible. External audio/video inputs in the ceiling mount DVD is annoying, especially with cables dangling.
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats, plenty of cargo room, nice stereo system, rear window opens for cargo, etc., ability to listen to steeo during DVD play, wireless headphones, abilty to go out with 2 other couples in one car!
Suggested Improvements
Low fuel indicator comes on at 50 miles to go and keeps coming on every 2-5 miles thereafter. Annoying, especially since it overrides the other displays. It should stop once you scroll past it. Add closeable air vents to all HVAC systems! Move center seat cup holders- I bang into drinks often.