2006 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Recall the Radiator!

2006 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Review

Recall the Radiator!
By Sukijoe on

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Explorer with 18000mi. in Feb of 09'. Thought I was in heaven till the engine started making a hideous noise, pulled off highway, dash went red and car shut off! Has 42,212 miles, Ford will not make good on this. Again, they say they've never heard of this! I think it's time for the Attorney General's office to step in. No warning of this! They tell me it's a maintenance issue. I also have a 96' Explorer with 257000 miles that my son is now driving! I seem to have maintained that without a problem! Been driving Ford for 26 years! How 'bout something for loyalty? Anything but this. There is a $5,680 price tag on a new engine and radiator. Really Ford? Quality is not job one.

I could go anywhere in this! (when it was running)

Recall the radiator and check the warning system so that we don't have to replace an engine on a low mileage car and you blame us for the issue and pretend you never heard of it. This is laughable.