2006 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Buyer Beware

2006 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

Buyer Beware
By grayquiksilver on

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Experienced many of the quality issues others are describing around the radiator and transmission. All under 75k and only 5 years old. Recently traded it in and do not regret it. Fun to drive but way too expensive to keep on the road long term.
By lspring
on 03/18/13 17:22 PM (PDT)

I experienced the sam problem. I purchased my 2006 explorer eddie bauer brand new. Three years later my transmission started slipping. I took it to Doug Stanley Ford and one of the service men drove it while I was still in the car and he had the nerve to tell me that it was supposed to do that. I told him that it just started to do that I was still under warrenty. 3 months later it started doing it more often buy this time my warrany has expired. I had to come out of pocket and replace it 4,900. I was so dissappointed. My 2000 Ford Taurus is still running good the only thing I had to replace was the fuel pump. NO MORE FORDS for me.