Beautiful Car...Worthless!!
By samoanmadness on
2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)
So, I find my soulmate...Sleek Black, sunroof, powered everything, leather seats, shiny rims, and a third row of seats for my family. Now, Im crying that I have to trade it in. After investing over $7,000 in repairs, I am Done. Here are the repairs -$2,500 For Complete Transmission Overhaul -$2,500 For Complete Cooling System Change (new radiator, water pump...ect) -$200.00 For Transfer Case Filter change -$400.00 Raplacement of Wheel Berring -$1,100 To Replace all Wheels with Guarentee Guess What? Now, There is a Random Misfire and no one knows how to fix it!! My guess....another $850.00 (including a new cat. converter) worth of repairs!! I am now officially giving up on Ford!!
Favorite Features
Looks, Looks, Looks...
Suggested Improvements
My suggestion is that this vehicle be Recalled!! I have done my homework and am seeing a ton of reviews similar to mine, but broken up between consumers. Many complaints on the cooling system. Many complaints on the Transmission. Many complaints on my new problem.......Severe hesitation and jerking with a rotten egg smell. It remains as to how many complaints there are not reported. The gov.has a site called "Safer Car" that allows people with these issues to call their complaints in. I believe that a Recall is needed for this vehicle.