A great vehicle for what it is
By Jim C on
2006 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I sought out this vehicle mainly because reading about all of the problems with the V8/6spd auto combo problems. I bought this for my wife and I drive a BMW 3-series. If you need a utility that is a little of everything, this is your vehicle. I read reviews criticizing this vehicle because it is no hot rod. It is a box on wheels! The acceleration with the V6 is more than adequate, unless you are towing (which will do not). The limited trim as all the goodies and a ton of cargo space. The main reason we bought this vehicle is that it has adjustable pedals, adjustable seat belts, a tilt wheel and power seat, which is wonderful for my wife who is 5 feet tall. This vehicle is terrific!
Favorite Features
Great vehicle for those who are vertically challenged, tons of ajustability. 5 star safety, RSC give piece of mind. Perfect size not to be overwhelming to drive but have space to transport items. Good looking but not showy, very easy to use interior controls, can get fixed anywhere, if needed.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the chrome wheels, I am not a rap star and do not need to look like a rap star. Interior door handles are awkward, but I know their placement was due to crash safety changes. Too many hard plastics in interior (doors, console, glove compartment). Would like tilting rear seats.