2006 Ford Explorer, My Best Choice
By Max Bryant on
2006 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I was really into the 2005 Explorer and was really tempted to buy it because as we all know some car makers can really screw up a great thing, but waiting for the 2006 was the best choice I could make. As soon as I got in the 2006 everything was right there, in easy reach. As i test drove the vehicle, it was so quiet and has a tight turning radius. But the thing that shocked me was when I test drove I punched the gas and it took off with no hesitation and then I slammed the brake from 60 and took my hands off the wheel and... STRAIGHT. I was sold on that and then when I took a corner doing 35, I said "I'm taking this home". If you think I'm lying, try it. I "GUARANTEE" you will be shocked!
Favorite Features
AdvanceTrac w/ Roll Stability Control (RSC), 4.6L 3V V8, Audiophile Sound System w/6 CD In-Dash Changer, PowerFold 3rd Row, Floor Shift w/ 6-Speed Auto Transmission, Performance, Comfort, Quietness, Reliability (had a '96 Explorer), Preferred Suede Accents, Message Center, 4-Wheel Independent Suspension
Suggested Improvements
Nothing really besides fuel economy even though I get about 17 city and 22 highway instead of the posted 14 city and 20 highway, can't complain though.