2006 Explorer XLT
By Bruce on
2006 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
We had been shopping for an SUV for months. My wife and I are typically GM buyers, but for this go around if one of the big three fit our needs the best than that's what we'd get. For the money and bang for the buck it's really hard to beat what you get out of the Explorer. The third row seat option is nice and with our planning to start a family next year, the crash test ratings are very important. Ford did a great job with the makeover. I can't believe how quiet this thing is. As far as gas mileage goes, I'm not sure why that's such a big complaint. You're just not going to get sedan type mileage out of an suv. If mileage was such an issue then it's best to stick with the 30mpg sedans.
Favorite Features
Front end design along with the interior that resembles the F150. One of the most quiet vehicles I've ridden or driven. Safety features and ratings.
Suggested Improvements
None that I can think of yet - only have 700 miles on it so far. We knew we'd sacrifice gas mileage when we bought this (traded in a 30mpg gallon Impala), but that's the trade off you have to take to get an SUV like this.