Used 2006 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Explorer SUV

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

fantastic vehicle
By jarrad

2006 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had alot of vehicles before, this has been one of the best. I was scared at first of buying a ford so I bought a service contact for repairs. I have not had one thing go wrong in the vehcle. I would buy another one again.

Navi and looks

better door panel plastics

Radiator Problems
By jashmon

2006 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the 2006 Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer edition, and thought I had a great deal. Wrong!! Had to replace the radiator and thermosatat in October 2009 because of a leak cost me $823.00. I've owned a lot of cars, older and newer, and have never had to replace the radiator. Get this...the radiator is not covered by the warranty or the extended warranty I bought from Ford. My next and future vehicles WILL NOT be a Ford. Foreign cars here I come.

Ford Certified ???
By Tim

2006 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this Ford used two months ago with a Ford Certified guarantee. 169 point inspection? Well, they missed a few things... almost immediatly we noticed a hesitation when accelerating on the highway, but it was rare and never presented when we took it to the shop. Over the last month it was more frequent and this week when we took it in they said the transmission needed to be replaced. While working on it, they also found the radiator has a leak and will need to be replaced. This is a 3 year old truck with 55,000 miles! Not what we expected from Ford.

Never again
By Rebecah

2006 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first (and LAST) Ford. 2 radiator replacements. The heater does not work anymore and I now have to replace the housing and gasket which supplies coolant to the radiator. Waste of $ and time. This is not a reliable vehicle.

Luv almost all of it!
By Scotch&Cigars

2006 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my SUV with 40000 miles. I now have about 72000 miles and have had nothing but good luck with it. Although the gas mileage is a little lower than I'd like, I bought an SUV, so I'm not going to complain. No problems with the power train, electronics, or anything else with the mechanics. The only problem has been with the front driver's seat comfort. A large person must have owned it prior to me and mashed out the seat, which I didn't notice until I sat for a longer drive.

Almost everything