Used 2006 Ford Explorer Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Unbelievable
By stobias

2006 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

6 radiators Ladies and Gents. You read that correctly - 6 radiators. Averaging about 1 radiator for every 20K miles. I brought a 2006 Explorer for my 16 year old son in 2008 - only had 26K miles on it. We have replaced the radiator 6 times since purchase at $700 a pop. This vehicle is so unreliable that it now sits in my driveway, I can't trust it to be a reliable vehicle for my son, who is now 2 hours away at college. Huge mistake on my part for buying it, huge mistake on Ford's part for not recalling it. BTW, tranny jerks when you shift into reverse.

Makes a nice yard ornament.

Develop a permanent fix for this radiator and transmission problem. I can't believe the number of complaints!

disappointed ll
By Carl

2006 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Huge Ford fan 50 years. At present own (4) this will be the last! Coolant problem, rear p windows motor replaced (3) times, now transmission will have to be replaced at 580,000 miles all on me no help from Ford! This car has not been driven hard, would think Ford would stand behind there product more!

Love My Ford
By Mistyt

2006 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Explorer, love this truck. I upgraded from an Eddie Bauer to the Limited. Love it better than the last one. I had an 02 Explorer and boy, has Ford stepped up the suspension, it rides so much smoother and the engine is quieter. I love my truck and I will continue to buy a Ford!

Steering wheel control, the redesign to the body, the improved the comfort of the seats.

The tire pressure sensors are a little sensitive living in Florida with the roads so hot when the air expands and contracts, the sensors light up, but if you add a pound or 2 of pressure it resets.