2006 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Unbelievable
By stobias on 10/25/11 16:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

6 radiators Ladies and Gents. You read that correctly - 6 radiators. Averaging about 1 radiator for every 20K miles. I brought a 2006 Explorer for my 16 year old son in 2008 - only had 26K miles on it. We have replaced the radiator 6 times since purchase at $700 a pop. This vehicle is so unreliable that it now sits in my driveway, I can't trust it to be a reliable vehicle for my son, who is now 2 hours away at college. Huge mistake on my part for buying it, huge mistake on Ford's part for not recalling it. BTW, tranny jerks when you shift into reverse.

disappointed ll
By Carl on 01/11/10 09:06 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Huge Ford fan 50 years. At present own (4) this will be the last! Coolant problem, rear p windows motor replaced (3) times, now transmission will have to be replaced at 580,000 miles all on me no help from Ford! This car has not been driven hard, would think Ford would stand behind there product more!

Love My Ford
By Mistyt on 09/14/06 15:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Explorer, love this truck. I upgraded from an Eddie Bauer to the Limited. Love it better than the last one. I had an 02 Explorer and boy, has Ford stepped up the suspension, it rides so much smoother and the engine is quieter. I love my truck and I will continue to buy a Ford!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.