2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Beautiful Car...Worthless!!
By samoanmadness on 03/19/11 06:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

So, I find my soulmate...Sleek Black, sunroof, powered everything, leather seats, shiny rims, and a third row of seats for my family. Now, Im crying that I have to trade it in. After investing over $7,000 in repairs, I am Done. Here are the repairs -$2,500 For Complete Transmission Overhaul -$2,500 For Complete Cooling System Change (new radiator, water pump...ect) -$200.00 For Transfer Case Filter change -$400.00 Raplacement of Wheel Berring -$1,100 To Replace all Wheels with Guarentee Guess What? Now, There is a Random Misfire and no one knows how to fix it!! My guess....another $850.00 (including a new cat. converter) worth of repairs!! I am now officially giving up on Ford!!

Love this tank
By spidermann59 on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Loved it the moment I saw it. I love driving it anywhere, anytime. The v8 is the way to go with the towing package, you can haul anything. Bought the Eddie Bauer with the all the goodies and I drive it with the sun roof open and the stereo blasting with 292 hp available she is the bomb. When my wife lets me drive it.

Piece of Junk
By kevin on 09/25/07 19:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have been a Explorer owner since 1994, this is my 4th or 5th Explorer. The worst EVER. I will never purchase ford again. My car has been to the shop many times. 4 times for transmission problem. they cant fix it and they are just jerking me around. The transmission jerks hard and it has started to bother my back. I am very dissapointed with ford and I am sure there will be a law suit either on my own or class action.

2006 Explorer V8
By Dennis Barrett on 06/10/07 17:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I now have 18,000 miles and here comes the transmission clunk (at slow speeds) everyone is talking about. Not sure what to do as it sounds like everyone is getting the big blow off from Ford. This is my third Explorer and yes it is quiet. The glare from the dash however is life threatening and I hope Ford's attorneys are prepared. The only help has been to put on one of those white-trash dash covers....really classy! It's no secret about the door handles and gas mileage. Ride was very nice at first, now after a year feeling each bump! Also if quality is job one, then how about a five or seven year warranty?

my Explorer
By bigguid33 on 10/18/06 18:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Updating my review, my Explorer overall has been a good vehicle but has been in the shop 3 times for transmission problems that so far should be fixed but we will see. Would still recommend but after this one I would rather have a 2005 or older.

Eddie Bauer Explorer Exceeds Expectations
By zeeman84 on 05/05/06 20:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Just purchased an Eddie Bauer edition Explorer. After reading all the research and reviews, decided this was the best vehicle for our needs. Build quality is excellent. Nav radio is the way to go. Very simple to use and program. Our eight year old was able to operate the rear DVD with a short lesson from the salesman. She thinks it "rocks" I do not see the big deal about placement of the door handles. We got used to them right away. Power with the V8 is great. The mileage is about 16 which is not bad for a engine which is not broken in yet. We are also very impressed with all the safety features. With the current rebates, we received a great deal.

My Explorer
By Judy on 04/25/06 13:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I recently purchased my first Ford Explorer - Eddie Bauer Edition. I am very pleased with the comfort, styling and driveablity of this vehicle. For a vehicle of its size, it is remarkably quiet.

2006 eddie bower explorer
By guid33 on 12/06/05 22:01 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

haven't had the truck for to long but had a 2004 explorer WOW what a difference very plush ride, smooth v8 lots of power and a wonderful dealership experience on top of it all. If your looking for an suv look no further than 2006 ford explorer its a whole new animal. will keep updating as we drive this loaded explorer.

Love It
By boxerboi71 on 11/03/05 15:16 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love my 2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. It rides great and has great heat, a/c, and radio. The seats are comfortable and the ride it smooth. Handling is good too. The only thing I would rather have other than my 2004 Explorer is the 2006 Explorer.

Eddie Bauer Rocks
By Bushman on 10/13/05 13:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Great styling for Eddie Bauer. The new V8 has excellent power. Power seats are very comfortable. Car has a smooth quiet ride on the 18" Michelins.