Safe Family Vehicle and Easy Driver
By Garrett on
2005 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Bought my Explorer last month, and absolutely enjoy it. My wife loves it as well. We like the exterior and interior looks, we like the comfort, and tighter-than-most trucks' turning radius, and we like the outstanding five star crash ratings. We bought it for room to carry baby things, for the four wheel drive, and for safety. Recommended to any family, small or big!
Favorite Features
Comfortable leather seats, loud stereo, steering column shifter, tight turning radius spaciousness in a small package, flexible folding seats for more storage, electronic four wheel drive, smooth and quiet ride, and great viewing out of all windows!
Suggested Improvements
Engine's power is definately sufficient, however they need to upgrade the 4.0L V6 so that it gets a little better gas mileage. Lastly, the front center console cupholders are worthless unless you are carrying a fast food cup. 20oz bottles are too fat
By nomoexplorer
on 11/08/11 09:41 AM (PST)

Yeah, I loved my second Explorer (2005 EB) when I purchased it in June 2006 with 5,000 miles. I highly recommend that you take heed of all the complaints in this and other blogs. I had to replace my transmission at 42,000 miles (thank goodness my lender required that I take out extended warranty!). I'm at 68,800 miles now and the gas mileage stinks, plus, the gas gauge is sticking. I do not have the big bucks to shell out for major repairs. I will probably trade mine in within the next six months.