2005 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Love it so far

2005 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

2005 Ford Explorer XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

XLS 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Love it so far
By Anonymous on

2005 Ford Explorer XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We've only had this a few weeks but I am completely in love with this vehicle. I had a Toyota Corolla before, and I hated being so low and vulnerable, and putting my daughter in the backseat was always a chore due to its low ground clearance. The Explorer handles amazingly well, and I really like that it's equipped with stability control and has independent rear suspension. The running boards are a great feature, and I really like the leather. Some people had issues with it being poor quality, but our particular vehicle is already 3 years old, and the leather looks to be in great shape still with no cracking or tears. I love the third row seat, and I love how much space there is.

Favorite Features

Ride height, turning radius, room surrounding passengers in cabin, third row seating, rear air controls (and air in all three rows)...the adjustable lumbar support is great, too. This really is such a wonderful vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe gas mileage - but I seem to be getting between 19 and 21 with mostly highway driving...equipping with a class III hitch as stock instead of upgrade would be nice - and rear sensors coming standard would be nice too.