2005 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
me and my explorer
By rachael on 08/16/05 14:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is a great SUV however it is far from as comfortable as the expedition that I had before.

would not recommend
By douglas durant on 08/06/05 10:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle does not get the gas mileage stated on the window sticker.

Awesome Explorer
By christine on 08/04/05 19:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Explorer about a week now :) and it's awesome. It's a great ride. I'm nice and high up and can see EVERYTHING! I love the message center, since I'm totally inept when it comes to automotive things; like checking the levels -- it checks levels for me! The interior is beautiful, I have cloth seats, no bells or whistles really, but even the basic is great. I'm still on my tank from the dealer, and I'm kind of scared to fill her up, but since I'm gaining safety and height I guess it's ok. And it is a midsize SUV after all, wouldn't expect to fill up for $30. And it's not bad, it makes you take it easy. So basically, while there are these family plans, go out and get an Explorer! You'll love it!

We like driving it!
By phillman on 08/02/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Actually we are 100% happy with the Explorer. The only problem we have had is the pick-up. When going up a hill, the engine seems to be working pretty hard and the pick-up is sluggish. I think if we has the 8 cylinder we would not have the problem. As I said great car! I would recommend it to anyone.

Owner
By Lynda Smith on 08/01/05 12:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

So far ... great car. Gas mileage could be improved.

First Ford
By Roberta on 07/31/05 00:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great deal for the car. Good rebates were given. This SUV is nice; has a smooth ride to it. Not too bad on gas. If youÂ’re looking for an SUV this is a great start. it's not too big and yet big enough for the family and pets. Lots of pick up and go on the expressway. And it looks good. Love the new color. I got (Darkstone) with metal flakes.

back to an SUV
By parker on 07/27/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had an Expedition, sold it and bought a car (mistake), sold that and I'm back to Ford. After researching and test driving I bought my Explorer and I love it! Couldn't beat what I got for the money. An import SUV with the options I got would have been thousands more. And I love the look of my truck. Runs great, the higher seating and better visibility, the cool look of chrome! Just plain fun to drive. If you're a mom looking for an SUV to handle your family make sure you check out the Explorer.

Grandma's new set of wheels
By Glen Keen on 07/25/05 15:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 360 degree view from the drivers seat is excellent. Handling and performance is much better than I thought it would be even when loaded with 7 adults. The DVD/With headsets and dual sound keeps teenage carping to a minimum. My 69 year old wife loves to drive it and feels more safe due to the excellent visibility and the greater frame height. Teenage grandsons rate it as "really cool".

XLT Sport
By JMeis37136 on 07/23/05 12:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

At first I really wanted a V8 Explorer but the are like finding a needle in a haystack at a dealership around here. The V6 has decent power just wish the fuel economy was better. Fit and finish on the vehicle is pretty good except for some solvent popping on the hood. The leather interior is great and I would highly recommend it. The Audiophile sound system is second to none in the sound department. The display on the radio just needs to get in the 21st century. vehicle is smooth and quiet to drive on both the city and the highway.

First Explorer
By Fred on 07/18/05 21:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am delighted with this SUV. I previously had a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 2WD and a Chevy Blazer 2WD. The V-8 power is great. It far surpasses both the Montero and the Blazer. The luggage area is bigger than all of the other SUVs we looked at. The Explorer has all of the features of a luxury car with the towing ability and 4x4 off-road features.