2005 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
2004 Ford Explorer XLT AWESOME
By Mombt on 04/13/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Ford Explorer I've had for 1 year and it's by far the most responsive vehicle I've owned. It is also incredibly reliable and safe. The perfect size with all details thought out with great appointment. It is a dream to drive and I'd recommend it to anyone, easy to drive, fun, safe, responsive and just overall FABULOUS!

Still one of the best values on the road
By MikeD on 04/12/05 09:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The re-designed For Explorer is now a few years old, but it's still one of the best looking SUVs on the road. The fuel economy stinks, but it handles well in rough weather, is roomy enough to seat 7 (though your cargo space suffers), and the sound system is great.

IMHO
By Pam on 03/31/05 13:34 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was a good buy with all the rebates. The interior was nice and you can easily put 5 people in it. Used to have an Explorer and traded it in for a Jeep Liberty. The Liberty is very safe and gave it to my teenager. The Explorer is smaller than the Expedition but much more roomier then the Liberty and it better gas mileage.

DEPENDABLE
By Maureen on 03/27/05 18:20 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Explorer, 2005 Limited - tried and true! Did not look for any other models when replacing my 2002 Ford Explorer Limited. The only improvements that I would recommend would be the gas mileage, a cell phone and possibly navigation system. It does take Ford slightly longer to get with the updated designs and features. With the success of this model they should be the cutting edge of technology in the automobile business. My other car is a 2005 BMW 745IL.

Love my Explorer
By love my truck on 03/24/05 13:31 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving my new 2005 Explorer. Already owning a 2002 Explorer, I was sold on the new advance-trac system on new 2005 Explorer. The driving is more positive and the ride much smoother. I also upgraded to a third row seat and factory installed DVD player. Ford Explorers just keep getting better!

big and easy
By bill on 03/08/05 20:54 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall good, and fun to drive.

Love It!
By Jrsy1971 on 03/08/05 09:31 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I went from an '02 Liberty back into a new Explorer and it's the best decision I could have made. The Explorer handles much better, stops much better, and gets the about the same gas mileage as the Jeep did. Can't wait to see how it tows, but I imagine it will be no problem.

Nice
By D McIntyre on 03/02/05 15:23 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A very nice ride. Comfort is great. Ease to use. Like it alot.

Good Value for Money
By Saad Khan on 02/25/05 15:46 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Two kids in car seats makes life in a sedan quite tight. Upgrading to bigger vehicle was a difficult choice. It was either a minivan or an SUV. So the Explorer made the decision easy. Its practical and can take the abuse from my kids. For the $25K I spent for it I don't feel bad when they are messing up the car with juice or Cheerios. Adequate power, adequate options and adequate comfort.

Poor Quality and Dealership Service
By kgkdh on 02/23/05 09:52 AM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It is an expensive car and silly us, we expected good quality and service. It is a real shame considering that we owned an Explorer before this car (and many other Ford cars) and trusted the brand and dealership. Not anymore. After owning the new $35K car for only four months, the dimmer switch went bad, smelling of burnt rubber whenever the lights were on. The smell was choking and we couldn't even drive the car. The dealership wouldn't even give us a loaner car during the repair! Now 4 weeks later, the smell in the car is back, and the lights are blinking. They gave us a hard time again about a loaner car. Poor dealership service. Poor reliability. We are very disappointed in Ford