2005 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
My Dream Car
By Miranda White on 09/06/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was the vehicle I always wanted, and I got exactly what I had hoped for. It gets great gas mileage off the 4.0L V6 and is comfortable and safe to drive. I have the DVD system and my kids love it. My husband even enjoys driving it. I get a lot of comments on the color which is Ford's new Stone Metallic. I would recommend anyone with a family to buy a Ford Explorer.

Not a lemon yet
By scottk_61 on 08/20/05 15:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the vehicle and were unable to even leave the dealership. It died right there. The dealership replaced the complete fuel system at Ford's advice which seemed to take care of the problem. Now at 8000 miles, the rear end is shot as well as transmission problems and axle bearing problems. The vehicle is beautiful and rids very nicely ... when it runs.

Better Then All Domestics & some Imports
By Ed on 07/17/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

For the price (MRSP $35,300), purchased for $25,454; that can't be beat. Very well built compared to any domestic brand. The only other SUV I would consider over this would be the Honda Pilot, but that costs more for the same features and no rebates. Second Ford, not sure of any problems, the 1st (Mustang '04 GT) had a few. Do hear a weird whinny/whistling sound from time to time and only has 1200 miles in two months so it worries me. Found two interior bits not well attached. The GT was plagued with that too.

My First SUV
By PauletteSpears on 02/09/05 21:22 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a comfortable and easy to handle SUV with excellent road mileage -- has been taken on numerous trips back and forth to beach (approx. 300 miles round trip). Excellent cargo space and comfortable seating for up to 7 people.