2004 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Explorer; poor choice; get a p

2004 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 FFV 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Explorer; poor choice; get a pilot or something
By tabbies on

2004 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used in 09 w/ 80k+ miles. Now 105k. Poor fuel economy; I avg. 15 city, 16-17 highwy(67-77mph) UGLY interior. It's fine @ first but look at it for a while and you be sickened. Speaking of sickening; the tire noise @ high speeds is very. My kid had a stomach bug, and one or the other; tire noise or ugly interior finally made him give. I was about to follow suit. Heat failed, leaving us w/ 1 georgia winter and no heat. Drive/powertrain= reliable, luxurys(audio is funky too)=not. It WILL get u from place-to-place, but w/ @ a high price(not $). Don't recommend. (shifts are jerky but u get used to it, easy to maneuver, no cargo room w/ seats up, stick with 1.5-3k rpm for best perfor/effici

Easy to maneuver, outside is easy to look @, never any drive/powertrain problems, always starts,

Everything I ask, is now on the 2012 model. more fuel economy, more cargo room, more room, smaller engine, 6speed trans, no AWD, which after is pointless, all that jazz.
By tiny16
on 04/17/14 17:21 PM (PDT)

I laughed when you said that you went through 1 Georgia winter with no heat. To me living in a cold climate, Georgia doesn't have winters. I would love to experience your "winters" .