2004 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
I love my Ford
By JLO on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is a dream to drive. We have been four wheeling in the outer banks 3 times already and it just handled like a dream no worries here... We love it!

The wife's choice
By mike m on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A very comfortable vehicle,good on or off road,great on long trips,and pulls our boat or camper with ease. The interior is very user friendly. Plenty of power in tight situations. I would recommend the Explorer XLT with complete confidence

Second time around
By Plumber on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ny company leases two Explorers (XLS) and I drove one of them for about a year. This was a bare bones model and I wished It had better appointments. I needed to buy a new car for myself, and chose the XLT Sport. This one is nicely appointed and what a difference it makes! Much quieter and smoother than the XLS. I find this to be a very practical vehicle to own. It does many things well, plenty of room, the ability to haul cargo, and the 4 wheel drive is great in the snow. If someone is going to own one vehicle, this one fits the bill.

Fun Yellow Ride
By Joelstrawn on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV NBX 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. Also came in a great yellow color. Built well, rides smoother than my 2002 Chevy Blazer. This is a truck, and the Blazer was a car. Great engine and fun to drive.

Best Explorer yet!
By ohmboy on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our third Explorer,a 92, a 2000, and this 2003. The ride, acceleration, brakes, and room are all improved. Finally fog lights that work! Perfect vehicle for Ohio snow and 2 kids and a dog. Some minor glitches, mainly rough idle and rear hatch window that popped open occasionally.

nice
By dawg on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

i like it, it great on the highway & in the city. You can see everything in this suv. It makes you feel safe.

Explorer
By Qadine on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 5 Explorers since 1992. The 2003 is my favorite so far. The wider wheel base made a big difference.

ford explorer
By cfd3girl on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had three items that were defected that needed to be replaced already. The warranty covered it but what a hassle to go through already.

My Wifes car
By Short Round on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love it. Its our third one

Very Impressed
By Savyth on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was the first 4 wheel drive vehicle I ever purchased and my first Ford. The ride is excellent and it's great for long trips. Will not hesitate to get another one! Third row seating is nice to have and lots of room when seats are folded down. Great Job by Ford!