2004 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews 33

2004 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
New Ford Explorer
By Ronald Cash on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned an Expedition, than a sport trac, now a new Ford Explorer. They all were awesome with no problems, except for the brakes wearing out quickly on the sport trac and the poor quality leather. I absolutely love the quality leather interior, the spaceousness and the smooth ride of the new Explorer. If you do not have a huge family. The Explorer with third row seating is just as nice as the Expedition.

I love my Ford
By JLO on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is a dream to drive. We have been four wheeling in the outer banks 3 times already and it just handled like a dream no worries here... We love it!

The wife's choice
By mike m on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

A very comfortable vehicle,good on or off road,great on long trips,and pulls our boat or camper with ease. The interior is very user friendly. Plenty of power in tight situations. I would recommend the Explorer XLT with complete confidence

Second time around
By Plumber on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer XLT Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ny company leases two Explorers (XLS) and I drove one of them for about a year. This was a bare bones model and I wished It had better appointments. I needed to buy a new car for myself, and chose the XLT Sport. This one is nicely appointed and what a difference it makes! Much quieter and smoother than the XLS. I find this to be a very practical vehicle to own. It does many things well, plenty of room, the ability to haul cargo, and the 4 wheel drive is great in the snow. If someone is going to own one vehicle, this one fits the bill.

Fun Yellow Ride
By Joelstrawn on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer NBX 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. Also came in a great yellow color. Built well, rides smoother than my 2002 Chevy Blazer. This is a truck, and the Blazer was a car. Great engine and fun to drive.

Best Explorer yet!
By ohmboy on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is our third Explorer,a 92, a 2000, and this 2003. The ride, acceleration, brakes, and room are all improved. Finally fog lights that work! Perfect vehicle for Ohio snow and 2 kids and a dog. Some minor glitches, mainly rough idle and rear hatch window that popped open occasionally.

Explorer
By Qadine on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer XLT AWD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 5 Explorers since 1992. The 2003 is my favorite so far. The wider wheel base made a big difference.

ford explorer
By cfd3girl on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had three items that were defected that needed to be replaced already. The warranty covered it but what a hassle to go through already.

My Wifes car
By Short Round on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love it. Its our third one

nice
By dawg on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer Limited AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

i like it, it great on the highway & in the city. You can see everything in this suv. It makes you feel safe.