2004 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Good vehicle
By fireat60 on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle is very comfortable and well built

this is the best
By sandraleigh on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is my 2nd explorer my first i bought was a 1995 and i bought it new it just like my new one never gave me a problum they are easy to drive and i feel safe and i feel safe carring my children.the new onedrives much smoother and is much larger inside i think...

ford
By TonyD on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is fanatastic. Prior SUV was a Jeep Grand Cherokee, it rode like a truck with bricks for shock absorbers.

The best explorer
By a_c911 on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The new explorer is the best one of all the explorer models. With the 4 wheel independent suspension, very roomy interior and the horse power. It has been a great experience with how comfortable it rides. I would recommend it to anyone.

AWESOME
By starfreek on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

eASIER TO GO CAMPING IN THIS LARGER VEHICLE

Happy Explorer Owner
By Sandy Puppy on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned two of the older Explorers. This new design is far superior. It rides and handles like a car compared to the older design. I am very happy with it. The gas mileage with the V6 is not quite what I expected. I am averaging about 16 MPG, but i was hoping to get about 18.

lemon
By Jimmy Dean on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Center console broke only after about a month, having problems with vehicle stalling, and having electrical problems!! I think I am done with ford, I have owned fords all my life and I think it is time to change. Do not buy this exloder.

Minor problem but overall great vehicle
By Bill s on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only problem I have had is a rear axle that whined like some of the "Fords & Chevy's of old". Ford is replacing the rear axle form one the dealership had in stock. I believe there must be an ongoing problem with this part because I do not believe a dealership normally has a specific rear axle sitting around in their parts shop unless they expect to change a certain amount. Cheaper than a recall? Other than that this vehicle is a true pleasure to drive and the workmanship and fit and tinish is far above average. I would highly recommend one of these vehicles, but listen closely for that axle whine.

New Ford Explorer
By Ronald Cash on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned an Expedition, than a sport trac, now a new Ford Explorer. They all were awesome with no problems, except for the brakes wearing out quickly on the sport trac and the poor quality leather. I absolutely love the quality leather interior, the spaceousness and the smooth ride of the new Explorer. If you do not have a huge family. The Explorer with third row seating is just as nice as the Expedition.

ONE TUFF FORD
By fordgirl on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i THANK THIS IS THE BEST SUV THAT MONEY CAN BUY AND THEY HAVE THE BEST REBATE'S ON THE MARKET, YOU JUST CAN'T GO WRONG WITH FORD!!!