2004 Ford Explorer SUV 4.0L V6 FFV 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

XLS 4dr SUV (4.0L V6 FFV 5-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
A great SUV for a great price
By lawyermommy on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most economical of choices in buying an SUV. You get a lot of car without breaking the bank! We got this with 0% financing, and still can't believe our luck! Not only does it get really impressive gas mileage (we're averaging about 19 mpg) it has enough room for all of our junk! My SIL has a Durango- and she gets about 9-12 mpg- and doesn't seem to have as much room in the loading area. I love it!

Great Bang for the buck!
By blnewt on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Just picked it up last week. Love the deal ($22,000 out the door), love the look, and love the drive! Traded in a '03 Explorer Sport (Nothing sporty about an outdated 2-door) and the difference from top-to-bottom is dramatic, everything is a substantial improvement.

XLS - Nice
By orrink on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Much nicer than expected. I got it for under $17k. Ride is much better than expected. Nothing like my 1999 Sport. Very good radio/CD and very very roomy. Unreal VALUE is the name of this game.

quality truck
By rhetor on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this truck in 2002 and driven it for about two years now. No problems at all. Good, solid build. Functional, realiable with large cargo space long enough to hold a whole twin bed.

Nice
By heth on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 2003 model Explorer is awesome. The ride is exellent, the sound system nice. The room is comfortable yet easy to manuever. Overall Ford you get a 9.9!

great suv buy Ford
By fivestar on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

love the suv it's more than expected

Fun and reliable
By Rodriguez777 on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since Ive leased my vehicle a year ago every time I get in it its like Im driving a new vehicle all over again, its so much fun and comfertable to drive I dont get tired of it like I have with past vehicles...

Built Ford Tough
By kcribb03 on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2001 Explorer prior to purchasing the 2003 - WOW.... what a difference. I thought I had a great vehicle in the '01 Explorer - was I ever wrong! Ford made a wise decision in the design of this SUV. The Explorer has the feel of the Expedition but at a cheaper price... and the $3000 cash back and dealer discounts made the buying decision a no brainer for me. Test drive the Explorer. You'll drive it home.