2004 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Bad Transmission
By WV Driver on 12/12/06 17:58 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV NBX 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My explorer is 3 years old and has 48K miles. The transmission went out - totally. The cab is cramped, there is little leg room for a 5"10" man, and your feet freeze on the passenger side. There is too much engine noise on the passenger side. The gas mileage is poor. Did I mention the transmission burnt up - totally ruined? From now on I am sticking with reliable ole' GMC!

Second Explorer
By ChristieChris on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV NBX 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

For the most part, I am happy w/ my Explorer. The color scheme is great and the NBX package really sets it apart from the standard Explorer. The truck is rugged and the 4x4 auto is properly sensitized.

NBX Review
By Mayday on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Just got it & I love it.

Ford explorer-3rd one
By Pambrob on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV NBX 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ahhh the 2003 is way smoother then my 1997 model. Gas mileage is way better too. I feel so safe in this suv. Picky-heat comes out on the leg...hmmm they need to move it back to the floor. But it came out on the foot of the 1997 model which was no better. My 1993 model has the heat right-over the brake foot! Which is better since your foot is not always there. Do not like the shuffle button on the radio-it messes up the order of the cd playing. AND where was the power seat for the passenger in a 30,000 car! I had not idea this was not there! ugh. But I would not buy anything else....

Fun Yellow Ride
By Joelstrawn on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Explorer SUV NBX 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle. Also came in a great yellow color. Built well, rides smoother than my 2002 Chevy Blazer. This is a truck, and the Blazer was a car. Great engine and fun to drive.