Excellent Vehicle after 7 Years
By Andre on
2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
After reading through the Cons. Reviews on this site, I felt the need to comment on my bullet proof Ford Explorer. I am at 99,900 miles and have had not one problem and the engine and smooth transmission still perform like the day I bought it. Before my daughter's try outs for a local perf. arts school, her clarinet lessons were a necessity. Through major snow storms that kept most in their homes, we were able to tackle the snow and ice with ease and still make it to her lessons. The ride and handling are exemplary and the hwy ride is very quiet-my family and I feel no pressure to speak up during front-to-3rd convers. I follow the maint. guide and it will likely serve me well for many more..
Favorite Features
Ride, Handling (better than my Pathfinder), Quietness, Solid Build Quality (No rattles or damaged components after 7 yrs), Reliability, Passenger Space (even in 3rd row), User-Friendly, Convenient compartments and many cup holders, Hwy Ride, Stereo (Very Nice Sound), Versatility (Simple Seating Adj)
Suggested Improvements
None