Used 2003 Ford Explorer NBX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

I <3 my ford expl. but too many problems now :(
By Norma

2003 Ford Explorer SUV NBX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

i bought my ford explorer 2003... 9 years ago.... now had 170.000 miles on it!!! never never have any problems until now!!! i rebuilt my transmission on march 2015 and was fine ..i tough that was the end of the problem ..but not.... now in July my car would not accelerate it will turn on beautiful no noise or nothing!! i took it to the mechanic and he told me is not worth fixing my truck!!!!!! i need to change the motor and it will cost a lot of money and probably will break again.. i definitely will recommend Ford explorer!! i almost forgot i did had a accident in 2007 the whole right front was damage but likely the fixed just fine because not problems at all. And in 2012 i almost have another accident in the expressway but thanks to my fast reaction and how good my truck answer to my driving and the brakes responded was absolutely incredible... very reliable car!!!!

Great SUV
By JMAD

2003 Ford Explorer SUV NBX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have always been a Ford Truck fan, but with a little one on the way I need to move into the SUV world. The Explorer was a great choice as far as function and being pratical. The NBX edition was a great option, because it gave it enough features to not look like the everyday SUV.

The ride on the independent suspension is very nice and smooth. The V6 is very quiet and smooth.

The only real negative this I would say is with regards to the 6 disc changer. The changer itself works just great, but the output / volume isn't that great