2003 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Its an ok suv
By Mark Chambless on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good body design, but gives alot of mechanical trouble. The ac system is very bad.Also drive shaft troubles.

Great Experience
By civicadk4 on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy to have purchased this truck. I used to tell myself that I's never buy American, and would never buy a Ford. Well as soon as I saw and drove the 2003 Explorer I wanted it. It has a good amount of power, a lot of room and rides like a dream...much better then a 4runner.

Quite a change
By Duane D on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Although I've only had the vehicle a very short time, it looks like a love affair is in the making. I went from a Mitsubishi Spyder Convertible to the Explorer and love it. I was afraid it would feel too big, but does not. I love the fit and finish in the new fords and the exterior turns heads. The 6 cyl 4.0 seems to pack enough punch and the 5 speed tranny is a dream.

OUR EXPLORER
By James Oldfield on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Ford Explorer SUV XLS Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We like what Ford did with the Explorer the extra inches that was added to the overall vechicle,changed the whole vechicle. We have only taken one short trip in it from Riverside to San Fransico. The only problem that we could find is on wash board roads you can feel ever thing, other then that I would reccomed this vichicle to everone,its not to big to whwer its over powering and not to small to where every thing eles look so much bigger.