2002 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: My Baby (a 2002) has over 200,

2002 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

My Baby (a 2002) has over 200,000 miles!
By nikkio on

2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have to tell you .. this is a reliable family vehicle! I have a 2002 Ford Explorer 4.0 (4x4). We have the third seat. We purchased it in 2002 with about 18K miles on it. I am a mother of 3 & 5'10". I have total confidence in this vehicle! You will always have slight issues with vehicles but, this vehicle held out for many years! I have over 200,000 miles and have only done the following: - basic tune ups - brakes -oil changes every 3,000 miles (Motorcraft synthetic blend) - all four wheel barrings (But at 200,000 miles!) - Replaced the lower housing unit - it started to overheat (at 200,000 miles!) I'm getting a new truck after the holidays and will be getting a new Ford Explorer!

I love the third seat. We are a family of 5 and this gives space where needed and still have a decent amount of trunk space. It's really a smooth ride. Doing 75 on the hwy is a breeze!

I wish they put an extra layer of clear coat on the back of the vehicle... it faded a bit.. but only after the vehicle sat in the sun (we live in FL) for many years... then it started to peel... overall, it is still in gorgeous condition, even after 200,000 miles!