2002 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Happy Owner
By jaime on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

First ever Explorer and Love it. Lots of room, great get up and go, fun and easy to drive. Make sure to check the manufacturing dates - model changed after 1/28/02

New design, Better Explorer
By Two Ford Owner on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great to drive, Great comfort, Always turn heads.

a permanent ford explorer fan
By BJSullivan on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Have 4300 miles on an XLT model. The whole family loves it. This truck has made Ford customers out of us.

The best selling SUV for a reason
By defiant254 on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is wonderful. The V8 has a lot of power for a vehicle the size of an Explorer.. Could get better gas mileage.. The interior trim is much nicer than previous EB models. The ride is spectacular.. The new suspension is all that I read about and more.. Havn't taken it offroad yet, but I'm looking forward to it..

Awesome!! -- Explorer Limited
By jk88 on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I must admit that I was definitely NOT a Ford Explorer fan at all -- but that all changed when I stepped inside a sleek, black Ford Explorer Limited that stole my heart, while making it race at the same time. The '02 Explorer is just a wholly new animal, inside and out and it shows, and feels. The ride is great, the looks are fantastic, and I have already begun to neglect my Lincoln LS and Audi A4 for the Explorer. It is a truly great car with excellent room and the soul of a luxury car. I have only had it for a short time but I can give it my highest recommendation without reservation (HAPPY TRAILS!!)

Rattle
By TOPGUN on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only problem after owning the vehicle for 7-8 months is that there is a rattle coming from the front end. It's not like it jumps out and hits you, but at speeds below 30 MPH and somewhat rough roads it really starts to sing. It reminds of when my radial bushing starts to go on my 91' Explorer. What scares me is taking it to the dealer to only have them say that they can't hear or feel it.

2002 1/2 Update
By judy on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased after trying many other SUV's both foreign & domestic. Fit our needs all around. Waited for the newer production model that included real bucket seats w/ a headrest, foglamps, leather wheel, & autodim mirror. Used info off the internet (edmunds & others) to get a great deal - $1000 under TMV!

BEST DANG CAR I EVER HAD
By nova on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer SUV Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

GET ONE IT'S GREAT

Love the V-8
By Baserevoke on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer SUV XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This v-8 is strong. I think it is the best feature of this SUV. This is why I love to drive it.

So far, so good
By Chris d on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Explorer SUV XLS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased this vehicle with 11,000 miles on it through the Blue Oval Certified program with Ford. Have had it two weeks and we love it. Came from a 1998 GMC Jimmy that we owned for six months and were very dissapointed with. Quality is much better and certified actually gives a better warranty. Balance of bumper to bumper 36,000 and 6 yr or 75,000 mile powertrain warranty. I upgraded to a bumper to bumper for 1,000 bucks. Purchase price was 22,000 for basically a new vehicle. Rides awesome for a sport ute. Great vehicle for those of us in the snow belt. XLS model is very nicely equipped. All you really need!