Love My Explorer
By Ford Fan on
2001 Ford Explorer Limited AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 4A)
I purchased this car under Ford's 'Certified Used' program. It looked brand new when I tested it. Driving it gave me the feeling that this was a solid, well built auto. I purchased the Limited because of all the features and options. It's a great value! In the four years I've had it I've only changed reasonable parts: ball joints and brakes. I had to replace the radio but with Ford's extended warranty I was covered. This warranty also paid for the ball joints. Otherwise the car runs quiet with the V8 and I take it on all my long trips. It's got everything!
Favorite Features
I love the rear climate control console with the secondary radio listening controls. Power moonroof is great, too. Radio system sounds rich due to the factory subwoofer mounted in the trunk area out of the way. I use the keyless entry system all the time.
Suggested Improvements
After repeated closing of the rear hatch over time the rear wiper motor bracket seems to bend out of shape and the wiper does not work as effectively. This can be bent back into position if you're so inclined. That could be beefed up a bit.