2001 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
xls is a great model
By Kyle Robarts on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer XLS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

drives great and has great gas mileage for a V6 engine, 17 MPG in town, and 23 on the highway.

Over the fence and outta the park!
By TravisPettit on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an all around 1st class vehicle. Rugged yet refined exterior, and quite possibly the most perfectly designed interior. The Explorer says to all other SUV's, "Get in line, and FOLLOW THE LEADER." This vehicle has more luxury and convenince features than any other SUV in it's class. It also introduces most industry first features. All other SUV's, especially Chevy, flock to Explorer for ideas and features. If you see a new feature on another SUV, it's a good bet you will either see it on a previous model Explorer, or on a Ford drawing board.

I LOVE IT!
By Cass on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I'm 16 years old and this is my first car. I love it because it can fit all my friends and it's not as wide as an Expedition. I would recommend this for all ages.

Love It!!!
By Amy Kica on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Limited AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is an awesome vehicle. I know that I can get in it and have a comfortable ride as well as being guaranteed that I will arrive safely to my destination. I am so glad to own one. It's a must have.

2001 XLT sport package Explorer
By Rex on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 1st 4x4 I've owned, and so far it's been 100% reliable.. no rattles, squeaks etc from it. I've had it on a few off road excursions, ranging from graded gravel roads, to gooey mud.. The stock tires leave a little to be desired in the mud, but were still able to get me through a mudhole that covered the hood with mud/water. I do wish that Ford had installed a torsen differential in the rearend on it, but since they didnt' I plan on installing a ARB air locker..

My Review
By Coureney on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 4A)

I think this is an awesome SUV!

CAR
By JOe on 03/09/02 23:57 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It was great