2001 Ford Explorer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
2001 Ford Explorer Ltd.
By Stephanie on 07/31/05 13:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Explorer Ltd. but am just ready for a newer model vehicle. I test drove the 2005 Explorer Ltd. and was not very impressed. I think Ford used cheaper materials in the interior construction of the 2005 model, as my interior is much nicer in my opinion. The engines are pretty much the same and I have never (knock on wood) had a major mechanical problem or been stranded on the side of the road with my 2001. The only minor thing was a hose broke. It cost me around $70. I do however keep up on the maintenance.

01 Explorer Limited
By RDJames on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer SUV Limited 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far this has been the best vehicle I have ever purchased. I had this vehicle almost 3 years and have only paid for oil changes and othe scheduled maintenence.I have the V6 which I get 19.8 MPGs riding around the Orlando suburbs. The only problems I have is on long trips the CD player kicks out the CD and displays "to hot" after only 3 hours of traveling. The other problem delt with water seeping in through the back window, the seal was replaced under warrenty, and of course I got 5 new tires after only 5000 miles due to the recall of16 inch firestones.