2001 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:
Love it!
By allies on 02/14/13 20:36 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer XLS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This was my first vehicle purchase. I've never been fond of Fords, but this vehicle definitely changed my opinion. I love how smoothly it handles, it's incredibly comfortable and I find the fuel economy to be quite well (averaging 17+ MPG in the city). I'm starting to run into some issues at 87,000 miles, all minor and relatively cheap fixes - but my biggest hassle was with the fuel pump. Finding a replacement was extremely difficult. Overall I think it's a great little SUV and definitely fits all my requirements for what I need. It's a comfortable, reliable ride, and has lots of hidey-holes where you can keep tool kits, travel bags and other knick-knacks hidden and out of the way.

I Love My Blue Baby
By Adgurl on 08/27/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Explorer XLS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Explorer new in 2001 -- started as a lease and I decided to keep. After 208000 miles I've never had any major problems, until now. Have to get the crankshaft pulley replaced. I plan to keep this car FOREVER. I love my Explorer.

xls is a great model
By Kyle Robarts on 12/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Explorer XLS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

drives great and has great gas mileage for a V6 engine, 17 MPG in town, and 23 on the highway.