2000 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Why I love my Ford Explorer Li

2000 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L V6)

Why I love my Ford Explorer Limited V8
By look171 on

2000 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

This is my second Limited Edition Ford Explorer. I kept the first one for ten years. I have never had to do more than change the oil. I traded in my 1990 Limited for the V8 in 2000. The V8 made the car more even fun to drive. I even test drove the BMW X5 and still chose my Explorer. I believe my car is, flat out, the best SUV on the market and no where near the most expensive. I have driven this car for fourteen years and it still puts a smile on my face too this day!

The V8 engine, Comfort, Reliability, Maintenance Plan, Stereo, Cargo Space,worry free parking,price,size,handling,auto dim mirrors and compass. Trip computer and ability to gauge fuel range precisely to the mile.

Exterior plastic moulding and Interior plastic wood trim could be better. Improve fuel economy. If you had a hybrid I'd buy it. Design the car to engage other vehicles protective structures. I don't want people in regular cars afraid of being hit by my SUV.