2000 Ford Explorer 5.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Where did you get your

2000 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (5.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Where did you get your SUV?
By inquisitive on

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV AWD

An SUV is not a mercades benz. If you want comfort, buy a car not a truck. I love my Explorer and have had several in the past 5 years. No breakdowns, no problems and great maintenance plan. As for offroad, it handles perfectly fine and has plenty of clearance. If you want to bounce around like a kangaroo, buy a Monster Truck with poofy tires. I stand 6'2" and get claustraphoic in vehicles. The Ford Explorer has more room in the cab compared to the Chevy-Blazer and Jeep- Cherokee. As for carrying room. We have 2 large dogs and the truck area is plenty of space for travelling gear as well as dogs.

Favorite Features

I picked up a fully loaded XLT with power moon roof, 6 CD changer, lumbar, electromatic mirror, tow package, leather seats, etc. I guess I should have got an Eddie Bauer. I use them all, especially the lumbar on long trips.

Suggested Improvements

Keep working on the suspension. Since 1997 the changes have been outstanding. I don't expect the feel of a mercadez benz but it is much better than any pickup truck I've ridden in.