Where did you get your SUV?
By inquisitive on
2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV AWD
An SUV is not a mercades benz. If you want comfort, buy a car not a truck. I love my Explorer and have had several in the past 5 years. No breakdowns, no problems and great maintenance plan. As for offroad, it handles perfectly fine and has plenty of clearance. If you want to bounce around like a kangaroo, buy a Monster Truck with poofy tires. I stand 6'2" and get claustraphoic in vehicles. The Ford Explorer has more room in the cab compared to the Chevy-Blazer and Jeep- Cherokee. As for carrying room. We have 2 large dogs and the truck area is plenty of space for travelling gear as well as dogs.
Favorite Features
I picked up a fully loaded XLT with power moon roof, 6 CD changer, lumbar, electromatic mirror, tow package, leather seats, etc. I guess I should have got an Eddie Bauer. I use them all, especially the lumbar on long trips.
Suggested Improvements
Keep working on the suspension. Since 1997 the changes have been outstanding. I don't expect the feel of a mercadez benz but it is much better than any pickup truck I've ridden in.