Best Used SUV Deal, PERIOD!
By Iowaexplorer on
2000 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV
Best vehicle I have ever owned. This is a $40,000 dollar truck out of the factory, and I picked it up for tiny fractions of that. My Explorer has more features than anyone could ever need, and the powertrain has been rock solid. Ford may not be on par with some of the imports, but I get twice the amenities for half the price. I recommend the 4.0 SOHC if you are not using the car for consistent towing. The 4.0 has 210 hp, and unfortunately the 5.0 only has 215, and you pay for it in poor mpg. At 70 mph, I consistently get 20+ mpg on the highway. Mach stereo is powerful and crystal clear. Never a single reliability issue.
Favorite Features
Steering wheel mounted audio AND climate control, on board computer, heated seats, elegant interior, bulletproof 4.0 engine, rear heat/air, single in-dash CD paired with 6 disk in the console, Mach audio w/subwoofer, heated/power EVERYTHING, AWD traction, Great looks with Limited package.
Suggested Improvements
More power...still a problem with even the new ones. "Wood trim" looks cheap, a few minor electrical quirks (stereo head unit flickers, lumbar support buttons on both seats do not work). Higher ground clearance for those who offroad, better ride quality.