Used 2000 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

I love the beast-ness of it!
By L0V3 MY 3XPL0R3R!

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

I love my Ford Explorer and the V8 engine! I'm capable of going shopping, grocery shopping, moving, or whatever in it without worrying about not having enough room! I'm able to travel in snow well without any problems, maybe with ice but who doesn't?! The 4WD is AWESOME! I would love to get the newer Explorer, why wouldn't I love it? The only thing I hate is the minor problems with it...the rear window wiper blade doesn't wipe-it wipes maybe 3 inches of what it should, the gas of course, and just minor things, which have been worked out. It's built to be awesome and have that "I'm a bad ass" feel to it. I wouldn't trade it in for anything less- even though gas prices are tempting me :[

The V8 engine, 4WD, the beast-ness of it all. The temperature and compass. The fog lights - my mom doesn't have them on her 2010 car!

Change the look of it, I mean they all look the same interior/exterior for years! The radio is somewhat lame, could improve it more--better sound system. Storage could improve, who puts CDs in the middle console?! Wider seats too :D

Happy Owner
By Ron Williams

2000 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV

I bought my 2000 Explorer Limited just before the intro of the 2001. I average 18.4 in town and 20 highway and have 135,000 miles on it. I went thru the tire recall and a couple other minor recalls, but have throughly enjoyed this SUV. It's been garage kept and looks nearly as good today as the day a bought it. I really take care of my SUV as it is my second most expensive investment after my house. I'm not happy that the value has dropped so badly, but that's American for you. I'll drive this thing until either it or I dies. If I had my time to do over, I probably would have gotten the AWD.

The cargo area is the largest in this mid-size range.

I'm only 5'10'' so it's not a problem for me, but the driver's seat is as far back as possible. If I was 6', I'd feel cramped.

Bad Mileage "Gas waister"
By Carlos

2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I read the specs on this car and suppose to give you 16mpg city and 21mpg hwy. But every time I fill the tank I reset the odometer and I always get only about 10mpg city. If some one had the same problem I like to know how to fix it. Carlos

Comfortable

Better Gas improvement

Good car, few faults
By Scott

2000 Ford Explorer Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car 2 months ago, and have had nothing but problems. The next morning after i bought it, somehow there was a hole in the exhaust and i needed a completely new one. Dealer replaced it after much arguing, and now my check engine and check suspension light are on, I believe i need a new mass air flow sensor and a ball joint. On top of this, my ABS sensor failed, and it doesn't work. Apparently this truck passed safety, but it definitely shouldn't have.

The looks

Make a more reliable truck

Great Car
By William

2000 Ford Explorer XLS 4dr SUV 4WD

I never owned a Ford before but I decided to give a try. I bought in 2006 with 124.000 km on it and have had no problems whatsoever. I've put around 55.000 km on it and still haven't change anything, just oil and the belt tensioner. I like the car, comfort and I wish it would be better gas saver, but it is a SUV. I am thinking about getting a newer one.

Room, power, comfort.

Definitely better gas mileage.