2000 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0L Shocking Still
By ewjayester on
2000 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr SUV
I purchased this vehicle used, after my Toyota Land Cruiser was totaled. I wanted another SUV/Truck that I could use as a work horse. I had no faith in the vehicle at all, none what so ever. I drove it hard and still do, I didn't wash it, wasn't thinking about its maintenance, and the thing continued to, if I must say, (EXPLORE). No issues with any type of upkeep or problems of service lights, strange noises, anything falling apart, which was my fore thought of Fords all my life. Needless to say it just hit 140k and purrs like a kitten. The engine is super strong, which is one reason my title of the review states shocking, and still going strong. I'm now a believer in Ford. A GT40 is next.
Favorite Features
1. 5.0L V8 Engine 2. On-board Computer for mileage, fuel, maintenance/service, distance, range, trip, etc. 3. Limited Edition which has more amenity options/features than the Eddie Bauer Edition. 4. Color Coded entire body. 5. Leather Seats w/Limited Edition stitching, 12 way electric seats, heated seats, lumbar support. 6. Rear fwd/backward folding seats, rear seating A/C, and radio controls/external plugins. 7. One touch windows and sunroof. 8. Sun visor memo/to-do list recorder. 9. Lit and heated side view mirrors. 10. Steering wheel radio/cd, cruise controls. 11. Keypad door entry/lock. 12. High ground clearance.
Suggested Improvements
1. Better gas mileage. 2. More off-roading capabilities/features. 3. Third-row seating.