Used 2000 Ford Explorer XLT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Explorer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer model:

Great Auto
By EKF

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

I bought this Explorer new. Pulled small box trailers and boats all over the South and Southwest. Never have had any trouble. Only did regular maintenance. It has been hard on tire, but all of my other SUVs were also. It comes with the territory in these vehicles. The back wiper has never worked right, but not a big problem. Stills runs great. Uses no oil. The model has taken a lot of bad publicity, but mine has just been excellent. I would buy another.

Favorite Features

It is just very comfortable for long trips. I have had others and they don't compare with the comfort for the driver. Versatile vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

None that they have not already added to the new models.

Love this car
By Lauren

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

This was my family's 4th Explorer and we're going to continue buying Explorers because they are great SUVs. Everything was great about it, I never had any problems. When the car was totalled it had over 150,000 miles on it and it was running strong. I got into a pretty bad accident in it and it held up really well and no one was injured. I feel like this is a really safe car and I really liked it a lot.

Favorite Features

I really love the way it drives and looks. It's also a good size, not too big so it's easy to park

Pretty Good So Far
By explorerowner

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

I bought the Explorer over the Cherokee, even though the Cherokee had more options, at a lower price. My truck drives very well, and has incurred very few problems. The paint job of the vehicle is another issue. My black paint is cracking on the roof and hood of the car. I have always washed and waxed the car thoroughly, and wish this would not happen. The paint on the roof racks is also coming off.

Favorite Features

Handling, auto lights and mirror, keypad on driver's door.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint jobs!

Not Great
By Rosalia

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

well i liked the car untill the transmission went after 37, 000 mile the car was only used to go to work and home and the transmission went and they refused to give me a new one they only gave me a rebuilt one

Favorite Features

well i like the way the car drives

Great SUV!
By smpavlikk

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV

Love the truck! Always reliable, Lots of room, great Pick up!(V-8) Gonna Miss it, have to sell got company car. Held its value well!

Favorite Features

Room, Fast, Realiable, storage compartments are great.

Suggested Improvements

Make the inside quietier. Can hear road noise. Though never noticed it until I got a new car!